MOVING FAMILIES FORWARD
A Thoughtful Approach to Divorce, Alimony, Custody, and Other Family Law Matters Since 1995.
Rebecca Perry received her law degree from Wake Forest University Law School in Winston-Salem, North Carolina in 1995 after completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at the University of Oklahoma in 1987 and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in finance, at M.J. Neely School of Business at Texas Christian University.
After earning her MBA, Rebecca worked as a financial analyst for a large corporation prior to attending law school. Since graduating from law school, she has acquired significant real-world experience in family law. First, she worked as an Associate Attorney with a family law firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. After three years, she joined a civil litigation firm in Durham, North Carolina, where she continued to practice family law, as well as general civil litigation. In 2002, Rebecca opened her own family law practice here in Greensboro. Rebecca merged her practice with McKinney & Justice in 2010.
Rebecca’s educational background regarding the human psyche, along with her financial background and experience as a corporate financial analyst, contributes to her skills as an attorney. Because of her background and experience, she is able to analyze financial statements, tax returns, and accounting information. She uses her extensive civil litigation experience as well to provide our clients with comprehensive representation in even the most complicated cases.
Rebecca is a North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist. She is also certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission as a Family Financial Mediator and is specially trained in Family Collaborative law. She is an active member of the North Carolina State Bar, the Texas State Bar, the North Carolina Bar Association, the Greensboro Bar Association Family Law Section, the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, and the Guilford Inn of Court. She is admitted to practice in all courts in the states of North Carolina and Texas, as well the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
In her free time, Rebecca serves on the Board of Directors for the North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Attorneys, the North Carolina Equality Institute, and as a presenter for the Family Life Council of Greater Greensboro’s “Parenting Children of Divorce” seminar. She also enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with her family.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, North Carolina Board
- Family Financial Mediator, North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- J.D. – 09/1995
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
- B.A. – 1987
- Major: Psychology
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
- M.B.A. – 1990
- Major: Finance
- Wagner v. Dillard Department Stores, Inc., 2001 USAPPLEXIS 19278 (4th Cir. 2001), 2001, United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, 2001730077
- Robinson v. Robinson, 707 S.E.2d 785, 2011, N.C. App.
- Wagner v. Dillard Dept. Stores, Inc., 17 Fed.Appx. 141, 2001, C.A.4 (N.C.)
- Presenter, Family Life Council of Greater Greensboro’s “Parenting Children of Divorce” Seminar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Texas State Bar, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Greensboro Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Guilford Inn of Court, Member
- North Carolina Gay and Lesbian Attorneys, Board of Directors
- North Carolina Equality Institute, Board of Directors
Past Employment Positions
- Family Law Firm, Raleigh, North Carolina, Associate Attorney
- Civil Litigation Firm, Durham, North Carolina